Prague Hotel

• Thread starter Hippykitten
  • Start date
H

Hippykitten

4 of us are heading to Prague mid June. Anyone recommendations for a good 3* or 4* hotel (location is prime concern). Thanks in advance.

Hi there,
I went to Prague with my mum and aunt a few weeks ago. This is where we stayed.
http://www.pragueexperience.com/places.asp?PlaceID=1056 It is just behind the old town square so location was brilliant.
The rooms varied in size - our room was OK but my mums room was huge and really nice. The breakfast was fine - the breakfast area was a bit small - other than that it was grand.

We also got a deal from them where by if we paid cash we got a discount... Also they will organize for free a taxi from the airport to teh hotel, you can also get a bus and a train - it is very quick and reasonable if you want...

I'd stick to the recognised International brands - the ratings are more reliable.

I was at a conference in Prague which was in the Olympik Hotel which describes itself as a 4 star hotel. In reality it is a 2-3 star hotel. I'm told that other locally owned hotels have similar issues over the ratings - so if you are staying in them deduct at least 1 star from the rating they claim to have.

Public transport is very good in Prague, so the location might not be that vital.

I second that John! Stayed in the Julian and found it very comfortable and welcoming, great breakfast and fantastic top floor suite! And the price very reasonable too!

The Hilton is nice but only really worth the money if you get a good deal. It seems to be in a slightly dodgy part of town; location is ok but you have to be careful. Hotel taxi is a lot more expensive than the local ones but then some of the local ones were chancers too. Same as anywhere I guess!? If I was returning I think I'd stay somewhere around old town and not mind as much what star rating it had.

I would agree with this. The hotel I stayed in while in Prague (King Charles Boutique Residence) advertised itself as a 4 star, and although it was fine for the few days we were there, it wasn't like any four star hotel I have stayed in before!
It wasn't a bad place and we were no problems with it really as such- just very basic for a four star e.g no bar/restaurant.

Also, we asked for a corkscrew one night for a bottle of wine we had brought back and they searched high and low and then said they didn't have one haha!. So just bear in mind that the standards maybe slightly lower!

I stayed in the 4* American owned Intercontinental Hotel. It is in a prime location. Room was massive albeit a little dated but spotless and quit. Buffet breakfast was tasty. We choseit over the Hilton which was a about 15 mins walk from everything.

Taxi drivers in Prague have a rputation for ripping tourists off so get a price before you sit in a cab.

Just back from Prague - stayed at Seven Days Hotel just off Wenselas Square
[broken link removed]
Its advertised as 4* - cost about 460 euros for three nights double B&B booking through hotelsclick.com. We had a huge room - there are attic rooms so we specified a large room when booking. There's a bar, which was handy for a quick drink but very quiet. We didn't use the whirlpool/sauna/fitness facilities. Breakfast was fine but nothing to write home about.

Probably the cleanest hotel I have stayed in for a long time - absolutely spotless, 2 mins walk to W Square and all amenities, so location is perfect and staff really friendly and helpful. They will arrange airport pickup and dropoff, tours and so on no problem. I would probably stay there again for convenience, price and location.

Just down the road turn right at the traffic lights where the sign points to Rocky O Reilly's Irish Pub (give that a miss!) and you will come to a great Italian Trattoria where a meal for two, including a couple of beers and cappucinos comes to less than 30 euros.

There's lots to do - classical concerts, jazz, opera, trips on the river and all the usual sights to see. With reference to taxi fares, all you do is call the taxi company and get a quote for your trip. The taxi driver must present you with the printout showing the agreed price, so no problem there. Enjoy!