Power Shower Problem

harvey

I have a Power Shower which works brilliantly off one tank of water in the attic until I left the garden hose on 2 night ago which meant that after having shower, toilet flushes etc the tank emptied and the water ran out while the power shower was on. Roll forward 24 hours and power shower not working. Is there anyway of "resetting" pump ? It is a Monsoon pump. Or is it an airlock ? I had turned off the taps to install a dishwasher ? How does one get rid of airlock ?Or will a plumber be needed ? Or have I burned out motor and need new one ?

Quick reply needed !

You have an airlock most likely.

Go to the sink in the bathroom and turn on the cold water. Then place your finger under the nozzle and force the water back up the spout. You'll need to do this for a few minutes. This should force the water back down the pipes where there is air.

If it still doesn't work, then do the same above with the hot tap (make sure too use a cloth if the water is hot) and do it on several taps around the house for a few minutes each until you get a flow from the pump. DO NOT have the pump running dry!!

If it still doens't work after this then you require a plumber but it should only be a 30 minute fix max.

Thought I had it working by doing the above yesterday.....was working almost to full capacity last night but gone again this morning. It seems that one of the bars is gone or there is slight air lock, perhaps greater first thing in the morning. Plumber it has to be then. Wife freaking....Thanks.

You definitely have an air lock.

You need to keep doing this until it works fine again. Also make sure your tank in the attic is filling up as it empties and you should be fine.

Typical , plumber arrives and nothing wrong with the shower ! Got him to fix a couple of leaky taps while he was here. Better be ok in the morning !

It should be. If not then try the method above again.

This used to happen me on a regular basis in an apartment I lived in in town. If herself was washing up while I was having a shower then we had an air lock every time and had to go through this routine over and over again!!

Sometimes it takes a while to shift an airlock.... If holding your finger under the tap doesn't fix it, try this.
Get a short hose and attach ends to hot and cold bathroom sink taps. Turn on both taps and let it rip for a while. Its' a small bit easier than forcing the water up with your finger. Hope this helps.

Gone again this morning. Wife doesn't believe plumber and i that it was working yesterday. Must be something to do with pressure built up in the morning. The tank is full. It is as if airlock develops overnight after a toilet flush. It sprays for 20 seconds, temperature pretty hot and then fizzles out. A new pump is pretty expensive - could be immersion - pipes - I have no clue. I think I will record what happens as I think the plumber doesnt believe me. Now to find a piece of hose to see if that will work..................well the shower worked 5 minutes later after doing the hose but NEVER works for my wife. Must be something to do with pressure.

Do as bluebells says. This will definitely fix the problem. Let it run for 15 minutes.

Tell your wife that you prefer her when she smells "au natural"!!

We had a power shower installed recently. It worked intermittently, installer could find nothing wrong.

Daughter finally figured that if the shower head [the one on flexible hose, not the fixed one] was placed down on the tray it would work!!! Not necessary to do this every time, but it sorts out the problem when there's no water!!!!
HTH