Powepoint Help Needed

Yeager

I need some help with creating a pop-up in Powerpoint.

What I am trying to do is have a normal slide which I created and at the end of that slide just before I move to the next one I want a small screen to pop-up with further information to support a point I have made on the slide. I want this activated by a mouse click etc.

I have seen it done in the past on presentations but can't do it myself. Have tried goggling how to do it but am getting very confused by it all.

Can anyone offer some straight forward points on how to do this as easily as possible?

Thanks.

Hi Yeager,

Do you mean you want a text box to pop up on the slide (and you could alway design the box around this in different ways) or do you mean like a screenshot or some sort of image?

I have used powerpoint for many years so if you can explain exactly what it looks like (or you want it to look like) I should be able to work it out for you.

Thanks for your help Scotsgirl.

What I'm after is a test box to pop up on the slide over lapping the info on that slide, a new wind essentially but not a new slide when I prompt it to (with a mouse click) before moving onto the next slide (with another mouse click).

Assuming you use PowerPoint 2003 or earlier:

- Insert a text box on the slide (e.g. Insert Menu / Text Box)
- Type your text in it
- Make sure to select the text box
- From the Slideshow menu, click Custom Animation, then Add Animation and choose and effect from the Entrance list (e.g. Appear)

When you play the presentation full screen this text box appears after a mouse click.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

The other option is just to use two slides, which are basically a copy of each other, but the second one has the extra box on top.

Back