potterson gas boiler and timer

sulo

Help needed to set timer:

We moved into our home some 5 month ago. The instructions left for turning on the Central Heating (CH) and Water(HW) - was PUSH two buttons right down. This of course doesn't help for setting the timer and using any other functions its capable off!

Description: a brown timer box, with digital clock face -
2 buttons that can be pushed up and down. Both pushed down put CH/HW.

The first button over the CH descriptions buttons are starting to fade, but I've made out:
Twice
Once
??? - this is the last option (this is where we put the button when we want the heat on straight away)

The timer feature on the wall of the kitchen has other functions
Auto
Clock
On 1
off 1
On 2
off 2
?? Last option (this is the HW button that auto has to go down alongside CH).

Worked out how to set the times for heating to come on... just not sure where we should have the buttons?

I had sent an email to the estate agent advising that the assistance for the TIMER and the ALARM the vendors gave us, wasn't very helpful... didn't get back any helpful reply other than "did you sort that out for yourselves?"...

Any help would be welcome!!!

I assume you are describing a programmer as opposed to the boiler itself. Most of these have manuals available online. What you need to do is find the model number - stick this into google and with a bit of luck you should get something that describes the operation of your programmer.

I have found this site useful for manuals for boilers
[broken link removed]

You may have to install some plugin to see the manuals but it is quite simple to use.

Need manual for using the timer! Not the boiler!!!

I will have to go home and get the Timer name - I have googled potterton timers and found various ones (nothing that looked like ours mind).. once I get the correct name and code, I'll google it.

Thanks for help!

Sulo,

As I mentioned before I think your problem is probably the programmer - it might be tricky finding the actual model number for this. I came across this uk site which may be of help.

[broken link removed]

Once you find out the manufacturer of the programmer it should not be so hard to get the actual model.

Hi Lissard
I have emailed Potterton requesting the brochure for the Potterton EP 2000 model!

However on my googling search I did find numerous sites - no one seemed to have the manual, as its old model - however did find this - which answers my question: Posted here for anyone else that needs in future!

Setting TIMER
The heating selector on the left should be set to ONCE and the hot water to off. set the clock by sliding the right hand slider down to "clock". Press the forward/reverse buttons till the correct time of day is displayed. AM & PM are on the left of the display. move the right hand slider down one more to 1st ON. this is the AM on, set using for/rev. down one more on the RHS to 1st OFF set the required time OFF[even if you don't use it]. down on the RHS to 2nd on, set time for afternoon/evening, last one on RHS 2nd off, set evening off. when done push slider right up to the top [auto]. job done. there is a factory pre-set built in programme of 6.30AM to 8.30AM and 4.30PM till 10.30PM.as long as you set it to "ONCE" it will run from the 1st ON to the last OFF missing out the off section in the middle of the day. ONCE in 24 hours. "Twice" above this means all the times set. OFF of course is.....well, OFF and CONT(inuous) or 24Hrs is on all the time subject to temp call from stat. [the clock does not switch it off but the stat does] Hope this does it for you.