Potential Redundancy - what to do with lumpsum

Cabo2000

Income and expenditure
Annual gross income from employment or profession: €160k (salary + car allowance)
Annual gross income of spouse: NA

Monthly take-home pay: €6800

Type of employment: e.g. Civil Servant, self-employed: PAYE private sector

In general are you:
(a) spending more than you earn, or
(b) saving?

Saving

Summary of Assets and Liabilities
Family home worth €800k with a €410k mortgage
Cash of €25k
Current Defined contribution Pension fund: €200k (contributing with AVC to 25%). Forecasted Lump sum €216k.
Company shares : €80k

Potential Redundancy of ~€100-135k (Depending on SCSB decision)

Family home mortgage information
Lender PTSB - Split mortgage
Part 1 tracker +1.8% (3.05%)
€200k
19 yrs remaining
(€1180 pm)

Part 2 - fixed to Jul 2023 2.7% - Current option to fix this in next 30 days @2.8% for 5 yrs at zero cost
€230k (€20k prepaid)
19 yrs remaining
(€1306 pm)

(No need to tell us the monthly repayments or what term is left)

Other borrowings – car loans/personal loans etc

Do you pay off your full credit card balance each month? Yes
If not, what is the balance on your credit card?

PCP Car - €390 pm

Other savings and investments:

Do you have a pension scheme? yes

Do you own any investment or other property? no

Other information which might be relevant

Life insurance: Linked to house, Death in service 5x salary

What specific question do you have or what issues are of concern to you?
Should I use a potential redundancy towards reducing mortgage? Should I lock in on the 5 yr rate now - or wait till I have received payment and reduce capital then? Assume it is sensible to pay full tax liability now and save tax free option to pension draw down? or should I keep paying mortgage and use capital as an investment opportunity - maybe just into pension??

Presumably the car loan is your highest cost debt so should be considered for clearing before the mortgage? Or are there restrictions on clearing PCP finance "early"?

Presumably the car loan is your highest cost debt so should be considered for clearing before the mortgage? Or are there restrictions on clearing PCP finance "early"?
You essentially have to buy the car off them, asking for a "settlement quote" which is the remaining finance on the car. Just takes a bit of paperwork

Do you really need the life Insurance ?

You could put the lumpsum into the tracker portion of the mortgage, 3.05% and potentially more return after tax. That cannot be a bad option.

You could put the money into an investment product, it is likely that you would get a better return, though of course tax.