Postal order information

Pope John 11

Can anyone tell me what information goes on the postal order.

Does one sign their name to the postal order etc

Thanks

The reason I ask is because I received a court summons for a parking fine, which I paid 5 weeks ago, albeit it was over due. If a name goes on the postal order, surely the county council would be able to match my name to the system summons sent out previously?

Surely if the county council received a fixed fine of €90 and they have my name then they should be able to match it to my vehicle reg. through the Vehicle Registeration Unit?

The reason I ask is because the court case is less than two weeks away and I only received the letter yesterday.

If not, why did they not return my postal order?

The letter was registered post too & they have confirmed that they received the postal order already.

A search brought up this thread from boards.ie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66664199

The information in the thread appears to suggest that the sender does not sign the postal order, just completes the payee name and where it should be cashed.

It sounds as if the postal order has become separated from your details, so they've got the money but haven't marked it against your records. If you check with An Post, they may be able to tell you if the order has been cashed (which is slightly different than the council acknowledging that they received your registered letter).

A search brought up this thread from boards.ie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66664199

The information in the thread appears to suggest that the sender does not sign the postal order, just completes the payee name and where it should be cashed.

It sounds as if the postal order has become separated from your details, so they've got the money but haven't marked it against your records. If you check with An Post, they may be able to tell you if the order has been cashed (which is slightly different than the council acknowledging that they received your registered letter).

Gipimann, I understand what you are saying, but I now have two problems.

1. They will not accept the postal order, and are sending it back to me....following my call today to them

2. I have a court case in in less than two weeks, with less than two weeks notice given. Unoftunately I live on the border of Dublin X, Y and Z and have some history in the past with delayed post, but no records of that at the moment.

Should of signed the back of the postal order

Back