Post of the year

Purple

What's your favourite post from the last year of so?

There's beena few threads on this topic over the years but none for a while.
Two recent posts stand out for me.
Latrade's post on students drinking;
Well looking at being 20 years removed from college, I'd say if the media are only just catching up to students drinking to excess, then they should spend less time trying to take pictures of celebrity cellulite and cast their minds back to their own college days.

It always was the case. Young Adults, away from home and the first real taste of responsibility, hardly a surprise. As to the money to afford it, there were always student nights with cheap drink, but then you also had part time jobs just to get extra drinking money. And if that failed, a pleading act to the bank to extend the overdraft because you 'have to buy books'.

The key point is the world didn't when we did it, society didn't crumble, both Sodom and Gomorrah remained in tact. We graduated, got jobs, paid taxes and partied some more, then about five years later slowed down, became more responsible and lamented how the youth of today is a vile disgusting group and how far society has fallen since we were angels without a bean to our name and that summer we walked along the railway tracks because Vern overheard Billy saying Ray Brower's body was in the woods.

Good times.

and Vanilla's post from
this thread on Money Angels;

I'm astonished and very disappointed that Brendan is promoting this website, which, to my mind, could well prey on the 'very' vulnerable among us.

And furthermore, advocating the use of 'mind altering narcotics' might be 'cool' or 'hip' but it is a disgrace- and might I remind readers- illegal without a prescription.

Is this an example of the tabloidism of AAM or is Brendan selling out his principles?

Tut Tut.

Technically it was last year (tail end) and it was by yourself on the "How much do you plan to spend per child this Christmas on presents?" thread. With all the doom-and-gloom you posted

"€200 per child... ho ho ho..." which made me laugh :D

Back