Post duration from UK?

Plek Trum

Hi all, quick question..
I recently purchased a gift on-line and received an email on Monday 4th February to confirm it had been dispatched in the UK (ordinary post, Royal Mail). It did not arrive in todays post. I'm not too worried as yet - however it is a gift for Thursday 14th... ooer!

Just wondering if any of you have experience of recieving post from the UK and approx when I could expect it to arrive?

Last edited:
In the run up to Christmas it was taking about 10 elapsed days for Royal Mail 1st Class; I don't know about ordinary (2nd class?) mail.

i get lots of stuff from e bay and it varies enormously from three days to three weeks. I think the delay occurs at customs on our side. Hope you get it on time

Daughter gets loads of stuff from e-bay through the UK and Royal Mail are totally erratic with their deliveries. Their website and philatelic section leave a lot to be desired also.

Just to note - I did not purchase the gift from ebay but a photographic gifts company. They emailed me to confirm the item had been disptached by Royal Mail on Monday 4th Feb.. and it hasnt arrived in todays post either (12th Feb). It seems I should have taken the 'optional' couriered post. Fingers crossed it may arrive tomorrow....

Back