Possible to post on AAM anonymously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logo

I remember previously posting on AAM anomalously. Is this no longer allowed? TIA

Thanks for your prompt answer Brendan. I posted here before (which I shared) and now have another post which I would prefer was anonymous. Thanks

I guess you could re-register with another user name called "anonymous" connected to an email called [email protected]? Use that for your anonymous postings. That would disconnect them from Logo if that's what you're trying to achieve.

Nearly everybody who posts here uses an anonymous title (e.g. Leper = me). If that is not anonymous enough you have no business posting here.

If that is not anonymous enough you have no business posting here.

Hi Leper

I am not sure I agree with you.

Although no one knows who you are in real life, you tend to know the online persona of a poster.

And some posters have been in contact with each other.

And some posters' friends and spouses would know who they were and the poster might not want them to know some aspect of their business.

Brendan

Ok, waiting with baited breath for the next anonymous poster......... who may or may not be Logo (who I don't know from Adam)
:)

And most of my posts are anomalous too. :p

Hi Leper

I am not sure I agree with you.

Although no one knows who you are in real life, you tend to know the online persona of a poster.

And some posters have been in contact with each other.

And some posters' friends and spouses would know who they were and the poster might not want them to know some aspect of their business.

Brendan

Hmmmmmmmmmmm! . . . . . . you mean there are gangs on AAM who line up to support each other? . . . . . . . and others "anonymously" advise their friends and spouses of who they are . . . . . and the likes of Purple and me (who don't know each other) fight our corners and alone.

So peer pressure is alive an well on AAM i.e. sort of individualistic teamwork. Now I'm getting worried.(insert winking smilie here)

you mean there are gangs on AAM who line up to support each other?

Absolutely.

The AIB Prevailing Rate Trackers are in frequent direct contact.

I tell others affected by a similar issue that they should get together.

We had a celebratory pint and people used their real names and their AAM names.

Brendan

So peer pressure is alive an well on AAM i.e. sort of individualistic teamwork. Now I'm getting worried.(insert winking smilie here)

To quote something said to be a few years ago about a different organisation
"There is no clique here, but anyone outside the clique is welcome to join the clique at any time" :)

I'm getting worried. A subject gets posted. I do some research into the subject. I post an alternate view. Then through abject peer pressure (or merely by gang members) my opinion gets roasted whether it is right or wrong. And all this is supported by the "gang" running the show.

It's time I formed an alliance with Purple. P-P_Purple, where are you?

There might be merit in a 'post anonymously' option for logged in users (maybe with 100+ posts or some such) who for whatever reason wish to ask a question or post a reply unencumbered by their user name. Although, if it ain't broke . . and it probably isn't.

I'm getting worried. A subject gets posted. I do some research into the subject. I post an alternate view. Then through abject peer pressure (or merely by gang members) my opinion gets roasted whether it is right or wrong. And all this is supported by the "gang" running the show.

It's time I formed an alliance with Purple. P-P_Purple, where are you?
I know who you are. In fact I know the identities of all the paranoid posters here. Just those paranoid ones though, you know, the ones the rest of us talk about in private?

How are you Leper?!

I'll take that as a request from you to form an alliance with me. We could be a lethal force together on this forum. Was it you who "whacked" Wolfie and then set up the "long kiss goodbye"?

I'll take that as a request from you to form an alliance with me. We could be a lethal force together on this forum. Was it you who "whacked" Wolfie and then set up the "long kiss goodbye"?
I liked Wolfie and I'll miss him. Who doesn't like the odd bit of theatricality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back