Possible Stolen Credit Union Cheque -

pudds

I got a c.u. cheque as a wedding present made out to Joe Soap & Wife, and before I got a chance to cross it and even note the number of the chq it was sent off in the post.

From what I can gather c.u. cheques are not crossed by the c.u. as a rule.

In that case and if it was stolen and lodged to someone's account what are my chances of recovery when cheque finally returns to the c.u. assuming they can identify the cheque in question.

Ask the person who gave the cheque to visit the CU immediately, check if it has been negotiated - if not, they can stop it and issue a new one.

Ask the person who gave the cheque to visit the CU immediately, check if it has been negotiated - if not, they can stop it and issue a new one.

Sorry Gulliver, think my post may have been confusing.

I got a cheque from my credit union to send as a wedding present but my partner posted it off before I could cross it.

I don't want to panic unnecessarily just yet as it was posted to a very outlining country area and who I recently had to wait for nearly 10 days to receive a letter from same.

I'll take ur advice and contact the c.u. tomorrow and see if they can re-issue the cheque. tnks

I got the cheque stopped on the 22nd March and was told it would be a few days before the money would be credited back to my account.

Also told that if the stopped cheque turned up - it should be shredded

Todate money still not credited back to my account.

Have messaged c.u. about it tonight. Wonder what's going on though.

Went down to the credit union yesterday and after a long wait while they rang 'Bank of Ireland' I finally got my money back.

God only knows if I would have ever got it back only I called in.

Was so glad to get it back I didn't even bother asking why it took a month or what had happened and no explanation was given either.