Possible Aer Lingus strike action

wheels

The news is full of reports about possible stike action with Aer Lingus next week on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Is anyone else affected? I fly to London late on Thursday night and I'm slightly worries as it's part of my partner's Christmas present. I rang Aer Lingus and they said they won't know anything until next Monday. What are my rights if they cancel or delay my flight? Would I be refuned for my hotel accomodation if I flew a day late? And I also have tickets for a show, would I be entitled to a refund if I missed that?

Sorry to hear you're going to be affected. It was on the news this morning they are waiving fees for passengers flying next Wed, Thurs and Fri. They are also removing the charge for changing your booking.

As far as the hotel and your show tickets are concerned, I don't imagine you would get compensation for this but best to wait until there's more news. After the result of the SIPTU meeting, they had indicated they would be starting off striking for a couple of hours, instead of full day walk out so maybe you will only be delayed.

You will more than likely be able to cancel the hotel without charge right up to the date of arrival, but better to check your booking.

In the same damn situation myself as flying to Paris (Booked 5 mths ago) on Thursday night. Have been searching around for alternatives but they are all increasing by the minute. I heard in work that it was going to be the 1 March but then the Press release has stated WED/THUR OR FRI!!! How much of a help is that!!! Rang them myself this morning and got the same crap about Monday. If i flew with another airline I wouldnt get my flight back BUT i would get Airport Taxes.

Does anyone have any update on this? I've been checking the news sites and the aer lingus site and there's nothing. I've also tried ringing AerLingus.com helpdesk and it's giving me a busy tone.

I managed to get through and it seems the staff are as much in the dark as we are, however there is a meeting this evening so they will have more info available tomorrow. Hope to hell they sort it out sooner rather than later - I'm booked to goto NYC on Friday morning. What's my chances?

I hear the strike is now from midnight on Sunday for 24 hours, I am due to fly to New York at 9am on Monday morning, with Continental, will this be affected because of the Aerlingus strike. Are baggage handlers etc going on strike.

From AerLingus.com
Tuesday 27th February 09.00

Aer Lingus wishes to advise customers that there may be disruption to travel from midnight Sunday 4th March to midnight Monday 5th March due to industrial action at the airline. We are therefore putting in place measures to ensure that disruption to passengers is minimised.

Customers booked to travel on Aer Lingus flights on Monday 5th March, who wish to change their flight bookings, may do so without incurring a change fee on our website or by calling our telephone reservations centres.

I hear the strike is now from midnight on Sunday for 24 hours, I am due to fly to New York at 9am on Monday morning, with Continental, will this be affected because of the Aerlingus strike. Are baggage handlers etc going on strike.

Aer Lingus doesn't do any 3rd party handling anymore I don't believe.. so the strike (if it does go ahead) should only affect their own services and not those of any other airlines (including Continental)

Back