portugal?????

B

bilbob

Flying into porto, renting car and taking 4 days to make my way to faro, can anyone recommend nice villages town to visit on the way, am not interested in cities

If you are on the atlantic coast the following are nice towns to visit: Figuera de Foz - near Porto (1.5hrs drive) Peniche - between Porto (3hrs) and Lisbon (1.5hrs) Eiriciera and Sintra - both near Lisbon Vila nova de milfontes - 2 hrs south of Lisbon. Lisbon is well worth a visit!! You have a pretty short amount of time to cover the distance. Might be worth your while to try for two 2 night stops rather than overnights in different towns as you can tend to end up arriving in the afternoon and leaving in the morning and not really seeing much of anything (or getting to relax)

Flying into porto, renting car and taking 4 days to make my way to faro, can anyone recommend nice villages town to visit on the way, am not interested in cities

It could be a good trip if you are able to be more time in Portugal.
I’m Portuguese and I recommend you a visit of “ caves do Vinho do Porto” in Vila Nova de Gaia You can taste the best Port Wines and know a little more about that wonderful industry.
Then a diner in D. Tonho a especial restaurant in Porto with a very and tasteful food
The day after I recommend you Nazare in the coast then Porto Covo (Superb) Vila Nova de Mil Fontes is beautiful but there are a lotn of new buildings wich is a problem and then Sagres end Vila Moura in Algarve.
Enjoy your holidays

Back