Portugal

CMK

Was thinking of going to Portugal for a week in May or June. Dont want to spend our time on the beach.

I know nothing about Portugal! Was thinking of spending a few days in Lisbon but not sure where else to go for a few days......where is easy access from there? Any suggestions. Wouldnt be keen on driving whilst there.

Thanks in advance!
CMK

Fly to Faro. Get local bus or taxi to train station €1 or €8. Get train to Lagos €6.50. See forum for Lagos.

I'd recommend flying to Lisbon (Aer Lingus - from Dublin or Cork) or Porto (Ryanair - from Dublin only and during summer months).

Train and bus travel are both cheap and reasonable.

Both cities are very enjoyable spots to spend a couple of days. If you go to Lisbon, you could also spend a night in Sintra.

Lots of nice towns by the coast north and south of Lisbon, that have beaches but also established towns. Vilanova de Milfontes is south of Lisbon and there are loads north of Lisbon that are very good for surfing if you have any interest.

I spend some time in the interior in the mountains as relatives have a house there - and I love it there, but probably inconvenient without a car.

Have just booked a holiday in Vilamoura in May because it will be nice and warm,its close to the Airport, about 20 mins, and i dont like driving either.I have heard from people who really liked it there also its a short flight.

Back