Portugal:taking 4yo for a week in May , Albufeira or Alvor.

Asked the wife about this this evening and she said that there were a few drunks around the taxi rank betimes but definitely no hassle and nothing to worry her or her family.

have been in lagos area 3 times. toraltina near vilabranca, overlooking don ana beach, and in luz. place has got very built up over the years but never felt in any danger or been hassled. the police station is near the gold church just where the old town ends and while there was always lots of cops about there never appeared to be any trouble. would agree with poster about luz. very easy to get in and out to lagos and probably nicer now. theres a cliff top walk between porto de mos and luz which shouldn't be missed. loads of smaller walks around the lighthouse also not to be missed. lots of steps, lots of cliffs etc. not suitable for kids though. and definitely take one of those boat trips around the grottos or caves.

Been to lagos 3 out of the last 4 years and we stayed in the marina club each time. love the marina club, spotless at all times and very friendly staff. had no complaints. took our 18month old daughter the last time and the only advice is to get a ground floor apartment. personally we love lagos and have never had any hassle walking around at any time of day or night. lovely walk from marina into town along the promenade. Of course everyone has their own likes/dislikes but we really likes Lagos with it's great range of restaurants and the beach is fab, found it relaxing and easy going. would recommend lagos and the marina club to anyone.

I know I wasn't the OP in this thread but thanks to everyone for their opinions on Lagos.

I'll try and remember to post our own experiences when we come back

Hi, I'm interested in booking the Marina Club Suites in Lagos, what travel operators go there - I know Sunworld do but they're price is very expensive for a week in September - anyone else do it?
Thanks.

Hi, I'm interested in booking the Marina Club Suites in Lagos, what travel operators go there - I know Sunworld do but they're price is very expensive for a week in September - anyone else do it?
Thanks.

Just found this thread now. I've also booked the Marina Club in Lagos for two weeks in September. I did a lot of shopping around and found Sunworld to be the best value. I think it's the Marina Club that's pricey rather than Sunworld but all the reports I've heard have recommended the Marina Club. We'll be travelling with two kids (16 months and 36 months) so if anyone has any recommendations on places to eat or places to go with young kids, I'd appreciate it.