Portaventura, Costa Dorada, Spain.

lyonsie

Anyone been to this theme park. Just bought 14 day pass for it for the family. They also have a water park which I think by looking at their web site might be a bigger attraction than the actual theme park.
Anyone have this experience.... Only going for 1 week on June 15th, so it shouldn't be too crowded then. My 14 year old son it sooooo looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Anyone been to this theme park. Just bought 14 day pass for it for the family. They also have a water park which I think by looking at their web site might be a bigger attraction than the actual theme park.
Anyone have this experience.... Only going for 1 week on June 15th, so it shouldn't be too crowded then. My 14 year old son it sooooo looking forward to it.

been there 4 times UNREAL place. Would advise going there in the evening time where it tends to quieten down ever so slightly. Also the queue`s can b long to get on each ride... standing in the blazing sun queueing doesnt impress me. Water park brilliant also. If your up for roller coasters like i am - The Dragon Khan is the one. 3 minutes of savage gravity woohoooo. there are buses running from the prominade every half hour right up to the main doors of the park. i think we paid about 3 euro per person on the bus. only 20minutes max from Salou.

Where ye staying?

Just booked last minute for apt. on arrival. My husband and son are going. Can't be too bad for two lads..... but I think your advice on going in the evenings could be good as they are two 'red heads' so not much of tanning going on there.
Obviously it would be good to go to the waterpark early to get the value of the day's ticket.
Do you think that June will be that busy as a lot of smaller children (primary schools) will still be at school.

Just booked last minute for apt. on arrival. My husband and son are going. Can't be too bad for two lads..... but I think your advice on going in the evenings could be good as they are two 'red heads' so not much of tanning going on there.
Obviously it would be good to go to the waterpark early to get the value of the day's ticket.
Do you think that June will be that busy as a lot of smaller children (primary schools) will still be at school.

not as busy as july / aug. i was never there in june but it`ll be just a good i assure u. theres a fantastic shopping mall in taragona town outside salou. bus will take u all the way out there. Brilliant water park in La Pinada (next town up from Salou)...

my 14yr old loved portaventura. watch for the water rides - i know people get wet on them etc but there extreme. i could have won any wet t-shirt comp the way i got off some of the rides. What a laugh, all part of it.

I also see there is another waterpark in the area, Aquopolis, anyone been there also.

I've been to Port Aventura lots of times and everyone from Granny to 2yr old have enjoyed it.I've heard a lot of people say it's better than Euro Disney.
As for the water park - well to be honest we all thought that was crap !There's no shade there so on a hot day you sizzle and there wasn't much room between sunbeds etc.
I've heard the park in La Pineda is a lot better and i'll be heading there instead this year.
Shootingstar do you know the name of that shopping mall? we went into the market in Tarragona last year for a couple of hours and it was great there but this year we intend on going in there for a whole day of shopping.We found it's more like real Spain and not so touristy.

Yes Port Aventura is definetely great. I found it much better than Disneyland Paris. The thrill quality of the rides was much higher than disney so it really is worth visiting.

Have 13 y.o son pestering me to take him there, tho' in fairness it sounds like he'd love it.
Can I ask if any of you booked a package or did a 'D-I-Y' jobbie with flights and apartments over the internet etc. We tend to book flights and hotels seperately but Portaventura sounds like it may be simpler to just book through a travel agent...any opinions?
Thanks

I was there last year - just walked up to the turnstiles and got my tickets. Your 13 year old will have a ball. I brought my grandchild and I enjoyed it as much as she did. Go early in the morning to avoid crowds. Use plenty of suncream and wear headgear - it gets extremely hot with so much concrete around.

was thinking of going over next April for 5 days....would the park be open and any idea what weather would be like?

Was there end of May for 7 days. Had 5 good sunny days 23 degrees, two dull days 18 degrees. Could be dodgy in April. This year the park opened on 23rd March.

Back