Portable Video Players

sluice44

I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I've tried to search but I've yet to pass the image verification thingy. I'm a real person, honest.

Anyway, now that I have broadband, I've gotten into video podcasts etc and it's quite fun. I don't have time to watch them at home on the computer but I could watch them while commuting into work. I don't know if it's (legally) possible but I do not want to watch TV or soaps on my Portable Video Player (PVP).

The screens on PVP's seem to be around 3 or 4 inches (Archos 605 wifi and iPod Touch). I've tried resizing the browser on my computer (yep, I got the ruler out!!) and I wasn't overwhelmed. At half the price are Portable DVD players which take SD cards & USB connections. These don't fit into your pocket but I'm wondering if they're a better option?

In other words, you can get a 3 or 4 inch discreet MP3/video player for €400 or you could get a 7 or 8 inch in-your-face DVD player with plug-in SD cards for €200 (ballpark figures)...

Does anyone have either and how do they find it? Any recommendations?

There's an Archos 604 and Cowon A2 in this house and we swear by them. Functional for music as well as video and the Cowon even has a radio. And the clarity of the video is very good. Don't forget that your computer screen has a certain resolution for its size but these little babies are smaller and I reckon as many pixels fit!

Back