Portable DVD player

Millie2

Anyone buy a portable DVD player recently I am thinking of buying the alba one for 90euro in Argos anyone any experience of this make? Thanks

Anyone buy a portable DVD player recently I am thinking of buying the alba one for 90euro in Argos anyone any experience of this make? Thanks

I had a Alba CD/MP3 player it basically played cds with mp3 burned onto them. It gave alot of skips etc..but the cds were low quality too, so that wouldn't have helped. This lasted for awhile until i threw it against the floor and the data wired coming from the laser were ripped out. (true story!!) but now i have an ipod nano and i like it.

But €90 is reasonable, i remember porto dvd players were £1200 in Brown Thomas on Grafton Street. So If there's anything wrong with it, what's €90??

But i've also had alot of Alba Radios and now they were really good quality I still use 1 of them now after 3 years.

Portable DVD players have come right down in price, as DVD players and small screens have come down in price.

I personally would go for a brand with a higher reputation such as Philips or Sony etc.. You can also get ones that play DIVX which can be handy if downloading stuff from the Net.

Hi thanks for the replies I bought the Alba one in argos and it's great only €90, thanks again