Poroton Block, T9

It is fair to say though disgruntled that the problem you are having is not with the system/method - but more due to workmanship right?

ninsaga

Hi all

Fab thread, I only recently heard about all these new building formats and its great to see a lively discussion going on. Porton, Ytong and Quinn lLite all on the short list at the moment for my new place but looking at the different costs also and pay back time (very important IMO).

Valuable info here on all this but I was just wondering has anybody taken on a Ytong build themselves (perhaps Polonius you have come across projects like this??)....i.e. Similar to extopia with the Porton blocks. Or is it strictly a Masons job??

It would make it a very cost effective solution if you could.

On the other hand will traditional masons work with these blocks? Has anyone had experience of dealing with Ytong and traditional masons!!

Building an upside down house so wooden frame is out for me......

hi ninsaga
absolutely you are right,it is imperative your builder is familiar with this type of build and not just being able to talk the talk as it where.be very careful of the builder not the build type.poroton is fine

Back