popups blocked but one getting through

denise1234

Hi, Someone might be able to help me here. I have McAfee Virus software on my computer and have popups blocked but in last couple of days sites keep popping up and a message at bottom of screen saying the site comes from Uptown Engine.
The site that pops up generally is related to site i'm on. For example a few mins ago I logged onto and then a site popped up for horse racing.
Can i block these sites from coming up? The url at the top of the page is always different but message at the bottom saying who delivered site is same each time.
Is anyone else getting this?
Thanks

Some sites still get their pop-ups through, like the Indo and the Examiner.

Disabling JavaScript usually does the trick.

Some sites still get their pop-ups through, like the Indo and the Examiner.

Disabling JavaScript usually does the trick.

this prob simple to do but for the untechnologists around (i.e. me!) could you pls explain how to do this, can work computer fine once all ok but as soon as something 'funny' or different comes up dunno what to do :eek:

Google "disable JavaScript" and your browser name (e.g. "Internet Explorer" or "Firefox") or else try the browser's Help (Help menu) to find the answer.

Think the problem here is adware or spyware on your machine. If you were on paddypower.com and a popup for a rival betting site appeared then that's adware - something you definetly don't want on your computer. Perhaps try installing

Back