Pop up window

Shaz

I have been using First Active's online banking with no problem until recently. When I try to log on to the online banking screen, I get a message saying that the pop up window is blocked. I have turned off blocking pop up windows in Norton. But problem still exists. Please advise. Thanks.

I presume you mean the problem is that the popup may be required in order to log into the site and you cannot allow it to be displayed? Maybe the browser itself (and not Norton) is still blocking it? You could always try another browser - e.g. FireFox if you normally use IE - to see if that makes any difference. Are you sure that the popup is generated by the site and not by a browser parasite of some sort? If in doubt run some of the scanning tools mentioned in the "clean PC" thread at the top of this forum.

Windows XP blocks pop-ups constantly. You will see a little box just under your address bar with a red symbol telling you if it has blocked the pop-ups. If you right click on that you can temporarily allow the pop up or permanently allow it, which you would need to do if you are visiting the site regularly.

Most pop-up blockers (including Window XP's) can be temporarily over-ridden by holding down the Ctrl key as you click on the link.