Poor sky signal when it rains

SOM42

I have noticed a very poor signal from my sky system when its raining outside. Its fine all of the rest of the time (during high winds etc). Some channels appear to be more affected than others eg Channel 4 and e4. Has anyone else suffered this problem and does anybody have any suggestion as to what is causing it.

Wouldn't be an expert but it sounds to me that you need to have the dish re-alligned/retuned or else the dis is too small. Did a sky fitter fit the dish or did you use an existing dish to use sky?

I get the same. Very annoying but I just put it down to dense cloud cover cos when it's not raining the signal is perfect. Probably something the same way as when there are sun flares it interferes with your mobile phone reception. Don't think there is too much that you can do about it.

Sounds like it. We get a lot of it in Limerick...

Having a slightly larger dish goes some way towards remedying the problem — if you only have the standard minidish, maybe consider replacing it with a 1m dish? They're fairly cheap to buy second hand, or you might even squeeze one out of Sky if you have a contract with them.

Make sure that there's no trees or branches in the way. I had a similar problem only when it rained. The extra weight of the rain caused the branches to dip a bit, blocking the dish.

We had the same problem - picture used to freeze accompanied by a screeching noise when there was rain. We got the sky guys out - they replaced the top bit of the antenna and rebolted the the whole dish to the chimney - no problem since. They wanted to charge me €100 ( which I was advised about when I phoned them ) for calling out but I said no way was I paying that if their equipment was faulty through no fault of mine or the original installer didn't do his job properly. They charged me nought in the end .

Wouldn't be an expert but it sounds to me that you need to have the dish re-alligned/retuned or else the dis is too small. Did a sky fitter fit the dish or did you use an existing dish to use sky?

Sky fitter installed the dish. Think I might get back onto them to see if they can do anything about it. Thanks all for the replies.

had the same SOM42. got the installer chap back via sky and he realigned and it has bee perfect since.