Pooka’s Labyrinth at Smithfield

ClubMan

Went along to [broken link removed] this evening and have to say that it was excellent. Well done Dublin City Council and all the other organisers/participants.

It looks good.

Would love to see the house in Killiney mentioned on Nationwide this evening. The guy seems to put a lot of effort into his display and its free entry. Donations recently to charity.

A snippet in the Irish Times about it:
[broken link removed]

Pooka's Labyrinth Halloween parade making its way through Temple Bar in Dublin last night. Staged by the Aontas Festival Group, it featured 200 people as skeletons, stilt-walking angels and demonic drummers.

How much was this ClubMan or was it done by volunteers? - Really good if it was!

If you mean admission fee - there was none and it was open to the public to attend. It looked like the core group were professionals (Aontas) who I presume were funded by DCC or somebody and then there were others presumably from community groups etc. Maybe Aontas work with community groups on this sort of stuff or something? It was really well done and the picture above doesn't really convey how the whole thing up in Smithfield looked and sounded (booming music, fire jugglers, human cartwheels with fireworks, really good lighting, a huge mechanical metal fire breathing dragon/bird, amazing costumes and a good story to the whole thing). My only minor gripe would be that they did not light the gas torchlights lining Smithfield which would have looked good on Halloween night.

I heard that the Finglas and Ballymun events were good too - anybody here attend?

One of the few things I miss about city life is the upscale celebrations/events.

Sounds like this was a good one - no digital pics, Clubman?

Took some pics but haven't looked at them/uploaded them yet. I don't think that they will be great or do the event justice...