Polypropylene or Wool Carpet

L

Leama

Can anyone help? I am looking to buy new carpet and underlay for the whole house. As I have two dogs I have been advised from various shops that 100% polypropylene would be best. Is there a wool carpet of say 80/20 or 50/50 that has good stain resistance? Also, advised that Cloud 9 Cirrus is better than Tredaire Colours Green underlay? Any advice?

My mam just bought an 80/20 stain resistant carpet for the stairs - it was one of the Navan carpets I think

I must say I would disagree. Someone once told me that wool repels dirt/dust whereas polypropelene attracts it. I've had both and find wool lots easier to keep. I suppose though that polypropelene is cheaper so you could replace it more often?

I must say I would disagree. Someone once told me that wool repels dirt/dust whereas polypropelene attracts it. I've had both and find wool lots easier to keep. I suppose though that polypropelene is cheaper so you could replace it more often?

Yeah, I've heard that wool repels dirt, etc better and wears better. I also think it looks better. Concerned if one of dogs vomits as to whether stain will come out of wool. Any idea?