Politicians on interviews - why the croonies in the background?

RMCF

I cannot understand this phenomenon which seems to affect politicians both North and South.

So many times recently when they are being interviewed on the news, there has to be a handfull of idiotic looking people standing behind them for no reason whatsoever. Why?

Re: Politician's on interviews - why the croonies in the background?

I believe that they are known as 'doughnuts' in the trade.

Its usually the up and coming local candidate who gets his mug into the frame with his party leader. Trying to get publicity by association. All the parties do it - and it works.

Apparently its to show support, hence all the head nodding and admiring smiles that you see.

I can see this point, but it just looks daft.

Often they look like escaped lunatics who happen to have been walking past and who stopped to see what the craic was.

David Davin Power at the last FF Ard Fheis in City West. Best comedy on RTE in the last year.

Here's a recap. Pure comedy, but also scary that there are people like this out there. It's like a scene from Dawn of the Dead.

They are usually members of d'party and love to be able to say " Did you see me on d'telly at d'Ard Fheis "

Here's a recap. Pure comedy, but also scary that there are people like this out there. It's like a scene from Dawn of the Dead.

Indeed it was, especially with the beared guy who seem to collapse at 1.06 onthe clip.....

Politician's on interviews - why the croonies in the background?

I think they (the croonies) are there to deflect attention and to create atmosphere.;)

Marion

Indeed it was, especially with the beared guy who seem to collapse at 1.06 onthe clip.....

And reappeared facing the wrong way.

I have seen sitcoms on TV that aren't as funny as that clip. Pure genius.

And reappeared facing the wrong way.

I have seen sitcoms on TV that aren't as funny as that clip. Pure genius.
The Puppeteer dropped one of the strings :D. That bearded fellow should be in Killinaskully (cameo falling down part).

I think they (the croonies) are there to deflect attention and to create atmosphere.;)

Marion

Croonies....you are telling me they are going to start singing next. More like goonies. When is this years ARD Fheis on....I can't wait

.. I can think of a few other terms for these miscreants,but as this is a moderated site,I'll leave it to your imagination...

daithi

Back