Political Representative Paid For Annual Fees Without Consent

Wishes

I'd like to hear other thoughts on this one please.

My son has been a member of one of the political parties for a year. If you ask me he is not a very good member! No canvasing, no contact whatsoever with political representatives etc; another words a mere member in all but name. Although this year he had no intention of renewing his membership.

This morning he received a letter in the post from his local representative telling him that they had personally took the liberty in paying his yearly membership fee to the party and would he kindly reimbursed them.

How dare they summise that he will want to stay a member.

Do you think this is completely out of order?

And if it's one of the United Left Alliance they'll be picketing your house and calling your son a greedy capitalist pig for not paying his dues and leaving the working man to pay for him

Your son may have lost his voting rights if his sub wasn't paid in time.

If he has a major concern, there is probably an internal complaints procedure that he can go through.

Thanks Complainer. I will ask him to follow it up with a written complaint.

It is one of the three that Tarfhead mentioned and thankfully not one of the others! If it were I'd probably be over there now paying his fee myself!

Joking aside, it's not the money aspect of the situation but the principle of the matter that annoyed me most.