Polished Porcelian Tiles Staining

• Thread starter traleedynamo
  • Start date
T

traleedynamo

Hi,

I recently purchased aload of polished porcelian tiles from right price tiles. After laying them I gave them a good cleaning with hot water to remove dirt etc.. I was then about to seal them when I noticed marks all over d tiles. I tried everything to remove these marks but it is impossibile. Its as if the stains are underneath the surface of the tile.

Has anyone come accros this problem before? If so, what do I do??

hi,

Someone told me it could be the adhesive coming up through the tile. They also said this will go away after a few weeks.

Is that possibile? Will it go away? Im supposed to seal the floor but I'm afraid that if I put the sealer on the stains will never go away...

Out of interest how much per sq yard did you pay for these as I've been told that tiles at the cheaper end of the scale can have tiny pin holes which allow stains to get into the tile.

25 eruo a yard. i know its cheap but i still got 50 yards.is it possibile for the adhesive to come up through the tile? will it go away after awhile?

Sorry Traleedynamo but I can't answer your queries as I don't know enough about tiles apart from €25 per sq yard is VERY cheap for polished porcelian from what I've been pricing lately.

Have you asked RightPriceTiles where you bought them about it?

i bought my ones in right price tiles for €20 a square yard. after them going down the builders were working on them for a while so there were some marks. you can get them off. spray sugar soap or some cleaning stuff on them, let it for a few mins and scrub with a pad ( really really really hard). i was sure i wudnt get the marks off mine but most of them came off fine

It is adhesive coming up through tiles. It will not go away though. Check if adhesive used was for porceline or was it a ceramic. Some people scrimp on adhesive. A very skilled\clean tiler required to lay porcelain properly. Go to RPT and ask them about it. Doubt you'll get a satisfactory answer though. Ideally tiler should have sealed them as part of laying process.

I think you are bag on about the adhesive coming up. Cant be anything else...

The Adhesive I got was for porcelian. When I purchased the tiles I asked what procedure to follow. RPT said I dont have to seal them untill Tiles are down.

They never mentioned to me about adhesive coming through the tiles..

Are you 100% sure I cant get rid of it??

Surely they are responsibily for this as they never advised me properly...

What do ye think??

Appriciate the help everyone, head is wrecked over it to be honest..

Back