polished porcelain tiles

Bamhan

HAs anyone used polished procelain tiles in a kitchen.
I am looking at some very pale cream ones which retail at 45 euro per sq yard.
They look very pretty but wonder about the practicalities of keeping them clean and of them being slippery.
I am trying to avoid that horrid grey grout effect you see with most floor tiles and so want some tiles which can be buted up close to each other and need minimum grout.
I have looked at Amtico and it's contempories but it seems vastly overpriced to me.
So back to the polished porcelain anyone any experinces of it good or bad.

we have cream porcelain in our kitchen and have no probs with them - I used ivory grout to grout them and they still look great 1.5 years later.

They're real easy to clean and are only slippery when wet (like most other surfaces).

Maybe you have bought your polished porc already but I bought cream coloured 40cm x 40cm tiles two weeks ago. Nice tiles with a "grain" in them making them look marble. The price ??? €16.95 /yd. The Place ??? Tile Once, Kells, County Meath. Had them put down this week, grouted yesterday. Will be cleaning them off this evening.

That is a fantastic price!
I am paying 25 euro a yard for tiles which sound quite similiar and thought I was getting a real bargain, you have me thinking now!

Hi ,

I'm about to buy these also.
at 19 euro per sq yard.

Tiler came to price it and advised grey grout saying that ivory would get dirty in the kitchen/hall/dining due to the traffic.
He recomended grey grout.

I prefer the look of the ivory - has anyone gotton the ivory grout ?
Does it get dirty easy ?

Also he said that some porcelain tiles have a v edge to it, making it easier to but them close together, but the tiles I have, have a straight edge - is the is case ? and does it make much of a difference ?

Thanks,
Wolverine.

Back