polish plumber

hopalong

need to replace water tank in attic,has anyone had this done by polish plumbers,just got leaflet in door from some,called Mini Max.

I'd be very wary of getting anyone who posts flyers to do any work on my house. What comeback do you have if there are problems down the line?

Always best ask your friends / neighbours for recommendations. Failing that, try the link above or the Golden Pages, where at least you'll get a land line and address to chase should you need to.
Leo

i'd be wary even of the golden pages - lots of cowboys subscribe to a messaging service and use this to forward all their calls to mobile - they're pretty untraceable if they want to be. On the other hand if they're registered you have a good comeback.

We had a polish painter do some work for us. Nice guy but not a professional painter-not a painter at all even though the flyer said he was. Some of these guys chance their arm but in fairness I have had mostly positive experience with polish workers.

Not a plumber, but, on reading your post, the water tank replacement is a job, that if done incorrectly could leave you talking (begging off!) with an insurance company later down the line.

In my own house I noticed that water tank that had deformed over a 4 year period due to it not having been installed on a flat service, but across joists.........long before EU expansion!!

Go on recommendation and liability insurance.

I would also be very wary of using anyone form the Golden Pages without a recomendation.

I got cobblelock done some time ago. The company I chose had a big ad in the golden pages saying they were members of some guild of tradesmen etc.

As soon as the job started to go wrong and we had a disagreement, they tried to intimidate me by saying did I know that they were travellers. After a cooling down period I ended up settlling(compromised) the matter rather than having to wonder/worry was I going to have a horse's head thrown through my window at night.

It was a significant learning experience for me. Only use recommended companies/tradesmen.