Police checks and old Debts with standing

janedoe06

Hi this is in relation to my sister who is a bit worried

She lived in the UK for years and went to college there trained as a Nurse/midwife Been a studant and care free she Ran up some debts there , then took off to OZ, and never bothered finishing off paying off a debt

She came back from Oz to Ireland direct due to a family illness and has decided to stay at home now

She is registered with An bord alantris or the nursing board, but is now applying for a job as nurse with one of the Dublin hospitals
As is normal procedure they are doing a Police check just to ensure shes ok /legit etc

Reason shes now worried in c ase her past comes back to haunt her

Sounds like she ran up debts and never paid and i understand in the UK they can issue something like a court order
I 'm not sure why shes so worried now , as shes been in ireland 2 years and has had Police checks done with the nursing board and other nursing agencies and no worres or anything
I think she owed 7 sterling at the time about 4 years ago , well she only admitted that it is 7 grand i hope it is'nt more !

Any ideas
How does police checks work
Do they only check with UK If the person gives the UK addresses they were living at

any ideas would be good on this

I presume that police checks are to see if an individual has a criminal record. Reneged debts are presumably a civil matter if they even went to court/conviction so I doubt that they would be relevant. If they never went to court/conviction then it is probably all academic.

Why doesn't she pay off her debts now? Better late than never.

Back