Pointless celebrities

It's just that I know the ruthless, begrudging, competitive minds of ye wimmin only too well ; )

I don't really agree. There's just something distasteful about people being feted, made to feel important and earning bags and bags of money based on something spurious like who their father was, or who they used to date. Some of these people never seem to have done a day's work in their lives or contributed anything to society and yet are made to feel special and significant by this crazy 'celebrity' culture that has developed. Years ago, to be a celebrity you had to demonstrate a talent or skill in some area and work your way up from the bottom. Now you have teenagers like the Geldofs living the high life and splashing money around while doing little or nothing with their lives.

This is nothing new, all JFK's children grew with that stigma,Lisa Marie Presley same,I could name many more this is realty, people are interested in these children of famous people not you or I but many do that is why they appear in paper's, magazines etc.

There's a family of Germans living in a big house in London who act like that.

At least they're a tourist attraction, even if they're not much use for anything else.

Apparently Bill Graham RIP who wrote for Hot Press many moons ago was once described as "famous for being famous.."

daithi

While slightly off-topic (but sort of to the point) Cameron Diaz just got her Hollywood star......good god, why?!

Why not - is she that bad?!

I can think of a lot more 'stars' that are much more undeserving than her anyway.

Agree with the above two points, but I definitely think the body of work she has completed is in no way deserving (when compared to most others). Some may have been less derserving, but it definitely doesn't mean she is derserving.

And yes, she is hot

Its probably down to the gross earnings her combined movies have earned as well as consistently being one of the top earners over the last 10 years.

Amanda Brunker..famous for having monster t*ts and 'writing' absolute drivel. I actually read the first page of her 'novel' in a bookshop...oh dear....

What about the three blond airheads who were on The Late Late a few months back who were celebs because they read a prepared sports bulletin on the radio and were acutually wimmin doing a mans job. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrell....