Plumbing problem

HouseHunter

My fiance and I just moved into out new home last week. Its a converted victorian building but apartments were sold turn key. However, our plumbing in the bathroom seems a bit off. When we run the water in the sink, water starts bubbling up from the bath. When this happens and the bath fills with some water the sink starts to get bloacked up.

We have already tried using some unblocking products but with no success. Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong and if the vendor is still responsible for sorting it out?

Any help appreciated!:(

Hi there, it sounds like the waste water pipes have been fitted incorrectly, perhaps the traps (the bends) have been turned the wrong way. Call back the builder / plumber and let them fix it if you have just moved in.

Also worth checking is that the cisterns in the toilets have been plumbed to the cold water rather than the hot water system ( you might not believe it but I've seen it happen.) Run the hot tap in the loo for a few mins to bring out hot water then flush the loo, see if the water that comes into the cistern is cold or hot.

Back