Plumbing costs.

cunninghams

Hi i am currently in the process of self building and have received a quote of 19500 for plumbing a 2400 sq foot house. The price includes 20 rads, 3m3 evacuated solar panels, cylinder,kitchen & bathroom plumbing, etc. Price does not include 35Kw boiler(costing me 1400). Am i being screwed with this price?? I am building in the midlands

I would say that the quote is definately on the very high side. I would have thought 10K would be more like a typical quote. you should get at least 2 - 3 more quotes and then see where you are at.

Best of luck!!

Hi ours was 20k plus 8 k for 6sqm velux solar panels - pressurised system, 2k pc sum, 4 pumped showers, one electric shower, 500ltr tank it was average out of 4 quotes we got,

Based in Cork 2800 sq ft house.

hth.

Plumbers appear to be sooooo busy that they do not want to quote for large jobs. I have been trying to get a plumber for my extension and renovation project in Templeogue but continuously get feed back from plumbing companies that they " do not take on work lasting more than 3 days" or "too busy to call" etc etc. What is a girl to do????

I have costed the following for 20K for my 2800 sq ft self build
  • UFH upstairs and downstairs including all materials
  • 8M of solar tubes
  • Stratified 500L solar tank
  • All qualpex/acorn piping for hot & cold supply including valved manifold
All of the above is top spec stuff at the upper end of the price range. I expect to pay about 10K for first and second fix labour.
So I would say get a detailed breakdown of each item and the unit cost. Ask your plumber to give you a seperate price for each fix that way you can see what he is charging for each part of the job.

Hi Rahman,

Whereabouts are you based, that sounds like a really good quote if it includes the solar panels too.