Pls Help!!! Problem with combi boiler...

D

Daniel Galla

Hello there folks

Since a few months ago right after we got back from our holidays (during wich we lowered the boiler temperature so as to save energy) we noticed we need to press "boost" on our boiler (just the one for the hot water... the heaters work fine) every three days or so. If we do this, we get boiling water within the next 20 mins. Otherwise we won't get any hot water through the taps or shower...

Why could this be? We didn't touch anything before leaving for our holidays, so we're clueless what could have happened.

How can we get it back to normal so we don't have to bother pressing boost every 3 days??

Help me please... thanks so very much for your help!!!

I would have thought that professional help was called for.

Have you contacted a boiler engineer?

it's an IMI Waterheating. I hear they went out of business not long ago....

Apparently they were taken over by a company called Baxi. There's no mention of IMI Waterheating, but there are some contact details here - [broken link removed] - maybe they can point you in the right direction.

Combi boilers are brilliant when they work well, but there are so many components required to make them work well that diagnosing a problem can be difficult if you don't know the ropes; and if you're not sure how to fix it, you could make matters worse. Best option is getting a professional to look at the boiler.

Back