PleaseRobMe.com

DerKaiser

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/the_web/article7032820.ece

Great article about a website that can tell whether you're home or not based on information you post on various websites including twitter.

Their supposed aim is to highlight the dangers of constantly telling people what you're up to. I for one applaud that aim!

The most culpable website seems to be one called 'four square' where you sign up to an application on your mobile that literally shows your location at all times on the pretence that this is fun.

It seems like people these days are too stupid to realise that constantly telling everybody what your doing and where you are on a real time basis is both irritating and irresponsible.

People need to learn the hard way!

... It seems like people these days are too stupid to realise that constantly telling everybody what your doing and where you are on a real time basis is both irritating ...
Recipients may be too stupid (or vain or incapable of independent decision-making) to realise they can opt of or switch off the feeds that update them on their "friends" bowel movements and coffee intake.

I just don't get this Twitter lark - why would you care that someone is "having a delicious roast chicken dinner" or whatever. AAM is about as hectic as it gets for me.

I just don't get this Twitter lark - why would you care that someone is "having a delicious roast chicken dinner" or whatever. AAM is about as hectic as it gets for me.

+1

I don't do twitter or facebook.

If I want to know what someone is doing, I ring them up and ask them. If I don't have their number, then it is probably none of my business what they're doing.

If I want to have an "online chat" with someone, I email them and they email back. It works wonderfully.

Last edited:
Me too, I just don't get twitter.

Whatever about wanting to know if someone is eating roast chicken, why would you want to post that on the Internet?!