Please recommend a complete user friendly digital camera

witchymand

Hi I am going to move with the times and get myself a digital camera for xmas, I haven't got much of a clue about them, so want one that is relatively cheap for my first one and one that is simple to use, can anyone recommend a digital camera for dummies?
Thanks

OK, here's two recommendations — off the top of my head — for around the €200-or-less mark:

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=98374
(particularly good value at £90/€135; a similar but lesser-featured model is "reduced" to €160 on p. 899 of the Argos catalogue...)

You can search/compare reviews of different models by features/price, etc on www.dpreview.com. Then drop into your local camera shop and ask to actually handle a couple of models before you make your mind up.

Whatever you buy, buy extra memory above the measly 16Mb or so that usually comes as standard. 7dayshop are very keen on memory card prices, too...

Hi,

I got a camera for my brother and gf. It was a kodak DX7440 4 mp and got 512 sd card. It all came to around 230 or so from amazon, pixmania were dearer that time although they are offering it for 200 now. It provides a battery charger as well(Buy another battery for 20 euro so you will have a back up when you are using it alot). It was a very rounded package for the money and they found it easy to use and took decent pic. For the cash, its good value!!!

witchymand said:
Hi I am going to move with the times and get myself a digital camera for xmas, I haven't got much of a clue about them, so want one that is relatively cheap for my first one and one that is simple to use, can anyone recommend a digital camera for dummies?
Thanks

you can get some basic ones in argos for under 100 euro and another place that sometimes has good offers is www.pixels.ie

Check out dpreview.com
I bought a Sony DSC-P73 a year ago.
Its great! 4 Megapix which means I can print A4 photos with good definition.
Done a few and they`re big enough to frame.
If I were to buy again, I would buy a camera thats not quite as "fat" and easier to fit in pocket.They`re too expensive (paid Eur234) to carry around as you will tend to leave it down and in a second its been stolen.
Good luck with whatever you choose.

Back