Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mollie_bud

We are thinking of getting married on New Years Eve next year in Tipperary. Has anyone gotten married on NYE or been to a wedding on this date? Would you recommend it or would before Christmas be better or should we stick to the summer? Is it much more expensive or do hotels charge the same for a wedding regardless of the date? Any advice or suggestions more than welcome! Have no idea what it's going to cost us. Would like to give a choice at the meal and will probably have around 140 people-we both have parents that come from large families! I'm hoping I can do some stuff myself, invitations, mass booklets, maybe the cake, etc. Hoping one of my best friends will sing in the church for me and if can negotiate corkage should be able to source wine at a reasonable rate. Do hotels negotiate on corkage? One of the hotels we are considering states their corkage charge is €14.25 for wine and €18.50 for champagne which seems outrageous. It says on their website that this is non-negotiable. Anyway, all advice, comments and suggestions greatly appreciated both on the date and on any money saving tips!!!

Please edit the title of your thread to make it meaningful. All replies will be removed until such time as this occurs.

Please edit the title of your thread to make it meaningful. All replies will be removed until such time as this occurs.

Thread closed due to people ignoring the above and OP failing to edit title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back