please help with my 2004 megane 1.6vvt dynamique

A

antipacker

hi guys my megane is having issues i will list them,

1. bit dodgy starting when cold.
2. imtermitent service light, check injection.
3. all of a sudden it sounds like only on 3 cylinders spluttering and wont rev very much.
4. usually stopping the car and restart sorts it out. but keeps on happening.

bit of a strange one hope you guys can help me

thanks in advance
mark

Take it to a mechanic with the proper diagnostic (electronic) equipment ASAP.

Anyone posting here will be kinda working in the dark and guessing - the check engine / service lights will be tied to specific diagnostic codes pointing the mechanic to what he will need to look at.

Sounds serious.

Yup an ignition coil is gone. Take it to any independent mechanic. Should be a 10 minute job.

Sounds like the coil. Sorry, sounds like a problem I had in the past that turned out to be a coil. If it is the coil, it is a quick job and the part is not too expensive.

eah the ignition coil is the problem, there are 4, best change all four, could be 40 euro a piece off main dealer,
mine went in a 04 last year and i got them under warranty

eah the ignition coil is the problem, there are 4, best change all four, could be 40 euro a piece off main dealer,
mine went in a 04 last year and i got them under warranty

only ordered 2 of them for now hopefully that should diagnose the problem, as i stated it does not do it all the time its just at times it does it.

thanks guys

1. bit dodgy starting when cold.
2. imtermitent service light, check injection.
3. all of a sudden it sounds like only on 3 cylinders spluttering and wont rev very much.
4. usually stopping the car and restart sorts it out. but keeps on happening.

The same thing happened to me earlier this year with my 2004 Megane. The car actually cut out in the middle of a busy road - luckily I was able to just glide into the hardshoulder. The garage towed it away and changed the 4 coils which were covered under warranty. I just noticed in the last couple of days that the service light has come on again. It's due for it's annual service next week so I'm hoping it'll last till then. Wonder if it's a general fault with the '04 Meganes?

welcome to the Renault Pencil ignition coil appreciation thread.
Don't feel put out because it happened to you, It has happened to every Renault I have owned. Notorious for faulty coils. Renault knew that there was a problem with the coils fitted and until recently would change them no questions asked. Now I carry a spare coil in the boot and a size ten wrench. Ten minute job even at the side of the road.......

I love my renault. No car gives you a mechanical education like Renault does.

Yes, happened to me too, car was just out of warranty but because it is such a known problem they fixed it for me under warranty anyway. Try putting a bit of pressure on the dealer to contact Renault headoffice & see if they will do it for free - show them this thread, it might help!

I have a 03 scenic and one of the coils went on the road, the car sounded sick but kept going. my local garage charged me €70 to replace, prob, €10 for the coil and €60 for ten minutes work by a foreign trainee on €8.50 an hour.
the 4 coils work independently so if one goes just replace one!

Coils cost around €60 each from a motor factor, so €10 wasn't too bad for labour.

To the OP, dont continue to drive if one of the coils are not working. you are only putting unburnt fuel onto the catalytic convertor which can cause serious and expensive damage.