Playstation 3 - problem reading disks

Sunny

I bought a playstation 3 two months ago and it has broken already. It froze in the middle of a game and now won't read any disks when I load them. I am bringing it back to the shop tomorrow but I was wondering if anyone else had problems as someone mentioned that this is happening quiet alot recently so am beginning to reconsider my choice of console!!

Have you Googled for reports from people with similar problems?

Yeah, there seems to be a few complaints on various forums which would concern me but couldn't find any major article about the issue or anything. I rang the retailer (HMV) this morning and they said they have no reports of such a problem and the number of returns on playstations was very low but they will take it back which is fine but someone in work mentioned hearing about a few complaints about the console but you know yourself with a friend of a friend stories!! Just wondered if anyone here experienced it.

Any reports of some sort of hard reset or firmware upgrade addressing the problem in case it's not actually damaged at all?

Any reports of some sort of hard reset or firmware upgrade addressing the problem in case it's not actually damaged at all?

Not that I could see. All the ones I read with the same issue involved people having to send the console back to Sony. I realise I was probably just unlucky and probably won't have the same problems again with a new one but its alot of money to be spending on something that may have reliability problems

Back