Playing the lotto from the web?

S

SteelBlue05

Theres no way to play the lotto from any web based site is there? I dont think there is but surely there should be in this day and age.

[broken link removed]. I wonder if the [broken link removed] governing the Lotto allows for online participation?

I used one of the directory enquiry services (118nn) on Friday evening and, in addition to texting me the number, they also provided me with a set of numbers for the weekend Lotto draw.

The numbers 'given' to me didn't come up but I'm curious about how you could make a claim if they had. Terms & conditions were not supplied.

Check out the T's & C's on www.11850.ie. They're not actually your numbers.

As per the site "The promotion offers participants the chance to share any win by the promoter of the National Lottery’s Saturday’s main Lotto draw (the Draw) in the week the participant enters the promotion. "

And "To operate the promotion, the promoter will purchase 10,000 tickets, the numbers on which will be selected at random, in each week’s Draw. Throughout each week of the promotion the promoter will allocate to participants at random a set of numbers (“the Numbers”) matching one of the promoter’s tickets in the Draw for that week. 500 participants each week will be the exclusive recipient of the Numbers allocated to their call."

So, if the numbers you're given come up, and they win €1000 exclusively from Lotto, you'll get €2 if every one of the 500 11850 customers claims their winnings.

I used the service on Saturday night in plenty time for the draw, but received no numbers. Based on these t's and c's, I don't think I'll even bother following up.