Playing DVDs with Windows Media Player / Power DVD

bottle

Hi,

my brother is using my old Pentium 3 PC (Windows 98, 128 Mbs of RAM), which I installed an internal DVD writer on, which works perfectly well when copying files/DVDs (DVD shrink) etc. I use NERO as the burn software.

When I try to play a DVD on it, Windows Media Player does not seem to recognise or find the files on the DVD (I have tried 5 different DVDs), even though they can be found using Windows Explorer. Any ideas?

When I use Power DVD to play DVDs, it seems to stagger quickly through the DVD as if watching it through frames. I cannot see anywhere Any ideas?

Thanks.

bottle said:
Hi,

my brother is using my old Pentium 3 PC (Windows 98, 128 Mbs of RAM .. When I use Power DVD to play DVDs, it seems to stagger quickly through the DVD as if watching it through frames.

I think the answer is in the question. 128 RAM would IMHO be the likely suspect.

WMP cannot identify the DVD player you installed ? Try re-installing & make sure the drive name allocation is sound.

Try lowering the write speed of your on your drive this might help with the staggering.

Back