Playa del ingles

skint

hi all, I'm heading to Gran canaries ( playa del ingles) in October and I can't wait! Anyone who's been there before recommend things to do or not to do? Only going for a week so what to make the most of it...

there is a safari thing for about €25, you go off in jeeps to the centre of the island up mountains which are unbelivable scenery and views, also stop for dinner (bbq) and refreshments all included in the €25, there are plenty of other activites which are offered by people on the street with flyers, there is go-carting out near the airport which is good for another day out, you'll have to make your own way out to it though

If anyone offers you a scratch-card in the street...walk on by. Timeshare nonsense.

There's a beautiful restaurant called El Gaucho that is worth going to, just off the square. Slightly more expensive than other restaurants in the area but worth it for the experience!

Thank you i shall stay clear of these scratch card things and will def try the restaurant!! And one know any nice cheap lunch places etc...

If anyone offers you a scratch-card in the street...walk on by. Timeshare nonsense.

They can be very persistent, so you need to be firm in your refusal. We were nabbed a few years back and it felt like we had been kidnapped. Just say no!

"They can be very persistent, so you need to be firm in your refusal. We were nabbed a few years back and it felt like we had been kidnapped. Just say no! "

LOL, a friend of mine took a "free" trip of the Island of Mallorca a few years ago which I decided to decline. She spent the day in a matress factory of all places, was not a happy bunny :D

There was a great restaurant in the Kasbah called the 'Torro Negro' served fantastic steaks. Well worth checking out. Slim

Anyone every heard of or stayed in Dona Rosa Bungalows. Heading shortly and these are on my short list.

Dont know these bungalows, but there are hundreds of these type places. Its a nice quite area, ive often jogged thru it on way to promenade and beach. Its also convenient for most places too, with short taxi or modest walk. Definately away from all the crass stuff. Personally I stay in these Bungalows http://www.svterraflorpark.com/ which are a bit more central but very civilized. Going there for Xmass.

Back