Playa Blanca - lanzarote

I was there a couple of years ago - it's the one with several pools isn't it?
We were there in May, it's great for kids, they have a great kids club, swimming lessons, soccer academy, and some nice restaurants on site if you don't fancy the trek into town to eat. There is a 'dome' too with nightly entertainment, bingo, music, acts etc, free admission, a bit tame but again, good if you have kids with you as they get freedom and you get a bit of a break.
It is a bit of a walk to the town, which is very quiet, but great if you're not after a very lively holiday.
The resort itself is fairly open and windswept, even for lanzarote, the wind overturns sunloungers, knocks umbrellas etc...
We enjoyed it, not sure if I would go back, but have a look here for other reviews

Was there in March and had a pretty good time. The complex has its good points and bad points. We overheard an English couple describe it as a bit like butlins but with the sun. It is very much geared towards kids. Most apartments are in ‘u’ shaped blocks either facing onto a grassy play area or a swimming pool. We had a ground floor apartment facing a pool area so that was handy. Apartments are basic but clean and are cleaned daily. Cots are available if needed.

There are kids clubs where you can drop off the little monsters for a couple of hours at a time and have some peace and quiet. We used the club for our 3 year old and she had an absolute ball - staff were great and activities were good. However this was pre Madeline M. so don't know if I would do it know, although for the most part we sat by the pool outside of the clubhouse so we could keep an eye on her if required.

There is free ice cream and drinks for the kids all day.

The nightly entertainment in the dome is very tame - approx. 40 minutes of kids entertainment followed by some dodgy bingo for the adults and then perhaps some music. To be fair we were there in the off season so it may be better in the summer.

The food on site is pretty poor, so don't go all inclusive. Playa Blanca is 15 minutes walk away and has some good restaurants (you can rent a buggy on site). The bars on site were pretty quiet also but like I say the place is geared towards kids. There is a shop on site that sells pretty much all you will need to get by, but it is expensive.

Playa Blanca itself is also quiet, so if you have been to Puerto Del Carmen previously and expect something similar you will be disappointed. It does however have some good shops and a nice promenade.

The biggest gripe I had was the fact that the onsite pools are not heated, it can take a while for them to get warm enough to even consider getting into (in March anyway). Also the tiles around the pool areas are lethal when wet, so be very careful if you have kids. Another problem was that the ground floor apartments which face directly onto the pools have no gate on the porch / veranda, so it is possible for kids to run out of the apartment and straight into the deep pool.

However we (me + wife + 3yo +1yo) had a great time and would definitely go back. If you have kids I would heartily recommend the place. There are however other reviews online which give it a poorer review, but most complaints are about rude staff (we never had any problems) and the poor food (as I said do not go all inclusive). We all hope to go back in September or so when the school kids are gone back to school and the prices go down.

Back