Play.com up to 80% off Sale

Have to say, checked out the prices on the mens clothes and there's some serious bargains there!

Just bought a 8GB USB flash drive for €12.49 incl. delivery!

Thanks Smashin'box!

Nice one Smashbox!

Again.

:D

:eek:

Items priced in euros can only be delivered to European addresses outside the UK.
Electronic or gadget items can only be delivered to UK addresses.

Electronics and gadgets cannot be delivered to Ireland, clothes is fine - make sure you select Euros before checkout.

Hi All,

Just a pointer. Beware of Plays compulsory Euro exchange rate for non UK customers which can amount to a sizable delivery charge. See below text of a thread I wrote last December.

Hi All,

Just a warning on Play.coms free delivery to Ireland. To deliver to Ireland, it's compulsory on the site that you have to buy in Euro's. I calculate Play's compulsory Euro/Sterling rate to be approx 0.71, which is well below the 0.91 that my credit card company recently charged me.

Example:

I've just bought a DVD box set from HMV at Stg £13.99 + Stg £2.50 delivery charge to Ireland. My credit card took care of the Euro/Sterling conversion and it worked out costing me €18.00 in total. I've just checked that a DVD package that's on Play.com advertised at Stg £13.99 with free delivery will end up costing you €18.49 (ie the compulsory exchange rate ads more than HMV's £2.50 delivery cost).

I'm not saying disregard Play.com when buying things, but just take this compulsory rate into account when shopping around.

Hope you find this of interest.

Back