Plasterer in Cork

S

Skimmer

Hi there

This is my first post(!), so please be gentle....

We are looking to plaster the internal walls of a half built 2 story semi and render the external walls. We are not hiring a builder - we are doing it by direct labour.

1. Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE recommend a good plasterer that they have used in Cork (can find recommendations for Dublin plasterers on other threads but not for Cork); and
2. What is the name of the insurance that a plasterer should hold, and can I ask to be given a copy of it when I ask for a quote?
3. The walls inside have plasterboard over them - from my research I understand that this should be covered by 2 layers of plaster ('floated'?), rather than just 'skimmed' - is this correct?

Have lined up someone at random to give us a quote, but would really like a another couple of quotes and number of plasterers out there is overwhelming.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.....

Re: Plastered in Cork

Where in Cork?
Know someone I could reccomend in North Cork.

It is actually down near Macroom way...

Your plaster spec. is incorrect. Plasterboard walls, be they drylining or or otherwise can be either skimmed with Gypsum Pinnacle skimcoat or a cheaper finish is taping and filling, where the joints in the boards only are finished. Skimmed finish is more expensive and is regarded as a better finish.

Blockwork walls can be finished (internally) in a traditional sand/ cement render system comprising scud coat, sand/cement scratch coat and finished with a gypsum skim coat. Alternatively where preferred sand/ cement scratch coat can be omitted and the base coat can be a Gypsum basecoat or bonding, scratched and then subsequently skimmed.

Externally you will have a sand/ cement scud coat, followed by a sand/ cement scratch coat and finally a finish coat, which may be either floated or napped to a finish. If you require a dashed finish (wet or dry) this will form the final coat. White sand and white cement may also be used to create an attractive finish coat. Try [broken link removed] for details of internal plastering systems.

Thanks anyway Bamhan. Thanks Carpenter for the info.
Can anyone else help me with (1) and (2) ???

Don't know if you got someone but try Lucey's in Kenmare - don't have the number but AFAIK there are only 2 Lucey families in Kenmare so there's a 50/50 chance - did my brother's house - great job, 7-9 in crew.

coppeen

I have the name of a fella that did our attic - he was very good. He's from Bishopstown so i'd have to ask him if he'd travel to macroom.

Back