planting trees beside fence

Jane Doe

A fence at front can be up to 1.2 meters right? But can one then plant trees that will be higher beside the fence. Is tbere any issue re light, right to light or view?

The view shouldn't arise unless your house is itself a listed view.
Several houses along Coliemore Road in Dalkey, County Dublin, are deemed to be part of the view listed from the public road.

While trees normally get a free pass, if they obscured a listed view in theory they could become subject to enforcement action.
A former Minster for the Environment was thinking about bringing in a law to limit the height of bushes to circa 2M if I recall correctly, but I don't think anything ever came of it.

Rights to light I am not sure about, partly because of issues raised in London recently by a building decision.
In theory this could apply to large trees since the right seems centered on the incident or ambient light, and what's restricting it might not be subject to limitation.

ONQ

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.