Planning Thailand Trip

MANTO

Hi All,

I have read previous threads on Thailand but i would was wondering if anybody could help in regards to the best agents / sites to book through.

Flights / Accom etc. There are 4 of us planning to go next August (3 weeks) so would like start of with recommended agents / websites,

Many thanks.

Internal flights are cheap through air asia. I flew there using Ethihad and thought they were the best airline I've ever flown with. Way better than Qatar air. 3 days is plenty in Bangkok, Fly up to Chiang Mai. Can always fly down then to Ko Samui for a few days r&r. Beutiful part of the world.

Getting there is the most expensive part. Once you are there everything is cheap. I did get caught out once when I paid the equivalent of 17 euro to get from the airport to my hotel. Ok by Irish standards I thought until I got the taxi back to Bangkok airport when the taxi driver charged me the equivalent of 3 euro. My advice would be to spend about 3 or 4 days in each place. Travel around. Really nice people but you will come accross the odd chancer

try www.edreams.com They sometimes have good deals. Just google to find the best deals. August may be wet up in north Thailand as I think it's monsoon season.

Make sure you read the lonely plant guide. It's the best guide in my opinion. USIT sometimes have good offers.

If you're going to Chang Rai I can give you the email address and tel no. of a local (registered tourguide and hilltribe member) who gave us a super tour and many fantastic insights into local life. I especially enjoyed one occasion when he ordered some food for us at the side of the street, we ate like kings for about €4 between 3 of us.
Enjoy!
JB

I wouldn't go to Thailand at that time of the year.

In planning holidays I find this site invaluable [broken link removed] hope it helps?

I wouldn't go to Thailand at that time of the year.

In planning holidays I find this site invaluable [broken link removed] hope it helps?

Bear in mind you will get heavy downpours especially up north in Chiang Mai/ Chian Rai for about 20 mins in monsoon season a couple of times a day and then it will dry up .

I went in monsoon season before and it wouldn't put me off. If you want sun got to Koh Samaui region down south

Hi there,

I was in Thailand during the summer. I was on island called ko chang, which is very nice. Its about 5 hours by bus to Trat and then boat over. Nice island but lovely beaches, restuarants and cheap accomadation. There is an elephant sanctuary also.

I went to koh samui in monsoon season and got some of the best entertainment through the lighting storms that i am ever to see. crazy storms that i may never see again, sipping a beer on the balcony of the room i was staying in and watching the lightening move out/come in from the sea. anyways it didnt rain all the time and was dry after about an hour. went to chiang mai and that was good. as for websites i would suggest a good guide book before you go to have a read through and get some good links to hotels/excursions etc. etc. stayed in bangkok in the millenium hilton hotel for 3 days..............didnt leave the hotel it was that nice and also cheap $170 for an executive suite, nibbles and drinks all day, brekkie included and best of all free beer between 6-8pm. oh they did not know what hit them.