Planning Thailand Trip

MANTO

Hi All,

I have read previous threads on Thailand but i would was wondering if anybody could help in regards to the best agents / sites to book through.

Flights / Accom etc. There are 4 of us planning to go next August (3 weeks) so would like start of with recommended agents / websites,

Many thanks.

Internal flights are cheap through air asia. I flew there using Ethihad and thought they were the best airline I've ever flown with. Way better than Qatar air. 3 days is plenty in Bangkok, Fly up to Chiang Mai. Can always fly down then to Ko Samui for a few days r&r. Beutiful part of the world.

Getting there is the most expensive part. Once you are there everything is cheap. I did get caught out once when I paid the equivalent of 17 euro to get from the airport to my hotel. Ok by Irish standards I thought until I got the taxi back to Bangkok airport when the taxi driver charged me the equivalent of 3 euro. My advice would be to spend about 3 or 4 days in each place. Travel around. Really nice people but you will come accross the odd chancer :)

try www.edreams.com They sometimes have good deals. Just google to find the best deals. August may be wet up in north Thailand as I think it's monsoon season.

Make sure you read the lonely plant guide. It's the best guide in my opinion. USIT sometimes have good offers.

If you're going to Chang Rai I can give you the email address and tel no. of a local (registered tourguide and hilltribe member) who gave us a super tour and many fantastic insights into local life. I especially enjoyed one occasion when he ordered some food for us at the side of the street, we ate like kings for about €4 between 3 of us.
Enjoy!
JB

I wouldn't go to Thailand at that time of the year.

In planning holidays I find this site invaluable [broken link removed] hope it helps?

I wouldn't go to Thailand at that time of the year.

In planning holidays I find this site invaluable [broken link removed] hope it helps?

Bear in mind you will get heavy downpours especially up north in Chiang Mai/ Chian Rai for about 20 mins in monsoon season a couple of times a day and then it will dry up .

I went in monsoon season before and it wouldn't put me off. If you want sun got to Koh Samaui region down south

Hi there,

I was in Thailand during the summer. I was on island called ko chang, which is very nice. Its about 5 hours by bus to Trat and then boat over. Nice island but lovely beaches, restuarants and cheap accomadation. There is an elephant sanctuary also.

I went to koh samui in monsoon season and got some of the best entertainment through the lighting storms that i am ever to see. crazy storms that i may never see again, sipping a beer on the balcony of the room i was staying in and watching the lightening move out/come in from the sea. anyways it didnt rain all the time and was dry after about an hour. went to chiang mai and that was good. as for websites i would suggest a good guide book before you go to have a read through and get some good links to hotels/excursions etc. etc. stayed in bangkok in the millenium hilton hotel for 3 days..............didnt leave the hotel it was that nice and also cheap $170 for an executive suite, nibbles and drinks all day, brekkie included and best of all free beer between 6-8pm. oh they did not know what hit them.

Back