Planning Retention Advice

SashaNiG

My neighbour had premission for extension but demolished her house and built a new build without getting new planning. Council stopped her in Feb ,house was half built.She then applied for retention and put in new plan etc. Which she did. She was told to reduce ridge as it would effect my house as very close to me. Was happy enough with this.
Then she went to a different planner higher up and now she has answered that initial ridge reduction recommendation with maps/plans which have incorrect measurements to make it look like the house is further away fron my house than the building actually is.Clearly she's trying to get around the first planners point that she's too close to me and should reduce ridge.

I have spoken to the planner and he told me I had missed the 5 weeks submission on the original renovation plan to make a submission so couldn't make any observations on this new plan.that it's still same application.

I told him maps measurements etc on plan were wrong and didnt match the actual built size and he says I cannot make any comments on the plan.

It seems crazy that a new plan can be put in for retention permission and I can't make any submissions and I'm telling a planner the measurements on maps are inaccurate and just inserted to make it look further away when it's actually closer and he's not interested as well as various other deliberate misinformation given on the site. You'd think they would at least have to look into it.

So sorry for not being clear.
Does anyone know the protocol in this situation.

Is the planner within the regulations to refuse me the right to make a submission on the new plan,design, size etc? (New plan is still under original plan application is their reason for refusal of submission).

If I inform the planner of misrepresentation of site dimensions/layout etc on new application which I believe are inserted to get around the previous planners recommendation and which I can prove are incorrect. Is there any steps she should take to look into my accusations before making a decision or is it normal for her to ignore my points.

I would consider new plan should be open to submissions but apparently not.

Thank you

It sounds like she submitted the new plans in response to a Further Information request (or possibly as unsolicited Further information). If the Further Information is deemed to be significant then the applicant is required to re-advertise (new newspaper & site notices) and there is an additional period for submissions to be made. It sounds like the council have deemed that the resubmitted plans did not constitute significant information and new notices were not required. You could query this but the issue here sounds more like an enforcement issue. If the building is not in compliance with the approved plans then they could be made to take it down.

It sounds like she submitted the new plans in response to a Further Information request (or possibly as unsolicited Further information). If the Further Information is deemed to be significant then the applicant is required to re-advertise (new newspaper & site notices) and there is an additional period for submissions to be made. It sounds like the council have deemed that the resubmitted plans did not constitute significant information and new notices were not required. You could query this but the issue here sounds more like an enforcement issue. If the building is not in compliance with the approved plans then they could be made to take it down.

Thanks so much for the info,that makes sense, it's so confusing to me so I appreciate you taking time to answer me.
I think I'll put in a complaint to enforcement section of council regarding what's built and see what happen's from there,as I don't seem to be getting the opportunity to comment on the current new plan's and her application contains false measurements etc and planner isn't bothered.

Back