planning refused due to percolation

kieran160

I was gifted a site by my father in wexford but i have recently got refused planning due to enviromental issues. my site failed the percolation test at the start, decided to submit planning with a reed bed and willow system which wasnt accepted, not recognised by the E.P.A i was told. the problem with wexford is that if a site fails percolation a running water source for discharge is required which i dont have (was polluted from septic tanks of local houses). i have heard that it is possible to import soil onto the site which is off better drainage to replace existing soil thus passing the percolation test, last hope really only site family own. this is the only thing that the council had a problem with i was fine otherwise. i have found it hard to get information on the subject but people are doing it. if anybody has tried this method and could offer me advise or maybe have details off an engineer they used for it i would really appreciate it. ta

you need to contact a hydrogeologist. This will cost a few euros but the increase in value from agri land to site with full planning will more than cover it

Back