Planning Permission Sign Off Co Cork

RugbyBoy

I am trying to figure out how the planning system works. I recently got planning to extend my house subject to some conditions such as the sewage treatment must meet the requirements of Irish Agreement Board.

Do the council, Cork in this case, inspect what is being done? and do I need to get them to sign off the completed work?

TIA

RB

Hi

I got my planning permission in county cork for extension as well, but there were conditions, I had to get septic tank moved, then I had to submit the paper work outlining the work was carried out before I could go ahead with the extension.

in general the council do not have the manpower to inspect every job.... they are supposed to as part of their building control section, but....

generally, certification is your responsibility... you need to engage someone who is qualified and indemnified.....

When you submit the notice of commencement, you need to have a copy of the agremont certificate from the supplier, otherwise they will refuse to allow commencement. At least in Offaly.

Back